You don’t actually need a reason to party. Be it your birthday, anniversary or a job promotion you can always call over your friends and celebrate the occasion. These parties can never be complete without booze. And a perfect accompaniment for such booze parties is chocolate rum balls.
Here are 4 simple and easy to make chocolate rum balls recipes that you will surely enjoy!
1. Chocolate Rum Balls
The chocolate rum balls are the perfect party snack! Easy and fun to make, these are sure to keep your fingers licking.
- Crushed vanilla wafers – 3 ¼ cups
- Confectioner’s sugar – ¾ cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Chopped walnuts – 1 ½ cups
- Light corn syrup – 3 tablespoons
- Rum – ½ cup
- Mix the crushed vanilla wafers, confectioner’s sugar, cocoa, and nuts together in a big bowl.
- Pour some corn syrup and rum. Stir well.
- Make 1 inch balls of the dough and roll them well in the sugar.
- Store the balls in an airtight container so that the flavor develops.
- Roll the balls again in the sugar before serving.
2. Walnut and Chocolate Rum Balls
These walnut and chocolate rum balls are super facile to make. The balls are moist and dense. They give a nice flavor due to the dark rum and walnuts in them.
- Dark chocolate chips – 1 cup
- White sugar – 1 cup
- Golden syrup – 3 tablespoons
- Dark Rum or Andre Champagne – ½ cup
- Tesco chocolate biscuits- 2 ½ cups
- Chopped walnuts – 1 cup
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Keep stirring it until it is smooth. Remove the heat.
- Add ½ cup of sugar, golden syrup and then the rum to the chocolate.
- Take a separate bowl. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the walnuts.
- Then add the chocolate mixture to the nut and biscuit mixture. Keep stirring until it is well blended.
- Take the remaining ½ cup sugar in a bowl. Make 2cm balls of the dough. Roll the balls in the sugar to coat evenly.
- Store and refrigerate at least overnight to enjoy its best flavor.
- These balls can be refrigerated for about 5 days.
3. Coconut Rum Balls
Every bite of this gives you a long lasting flavor and leaves you wanting for more. You could make them ahead of your party or celebration and store it in the refrigerator. This recipe doesn’t fail to make an impression.
- Finely crushed chocolate wafers – 1 package (12 ounces)
- Flaked coconut – 1 ⅓ cups
- Finely chopped walnuts – 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can (14 ounces)
- Rum – ¼ cup
- Flaked coconut – 1 cup
- Take a large bowl. Put the chocolate wafers, 1 ⅓ cups coconut, and the walnuts together.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and then the rum to the mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 4 hours.
- Make 1 inch balls of the dough.
- Then roll the balls in the remaining coconut or in confectioner’s sugar according to the preference.
- Store the balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator
These rum balls go extremely well with Louis XIII Cognac
4. Chocolate Oat Rum Balls
This is a delicious treat for any family occasions or big celebrations or even for birthday parties. This is a sure treat for the adults, but you could turn them into a family-friendly recipe by eliminating the rum out. This could be your own version of personalized chocolates.
- Rolled oats – 2 cups
- Rum – 300 ml
- Chocolate chip biscuits – 1.5 kg
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 6 tablespoons
- Dark chocolate – 500g
- Butter – 200g
- Sweetened condensed milk – 200g
- Extra desiccated coconut
- Take the oats and soak them in the rum for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Process the biscuits into little pieces. Then add sifted icing sugar and cocoa powder to it.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add butter and condensed milk to it.
- Mix the chocolate mixture to the biscuit mixture.
- Stir it well together until it blends well.
- Make 1 inch balls of the dough and then roll them into the coconut powder.
- Refrigerate them and they are ready to be served.
Pair these amazing chocolate balls with your favorite drink, be it Courvoisier or sparkling wine, these combinations are bound to make your parties better.
- Win Over Everyone’s Heart by Celebrating with Delicious Cake
- The 20 Latest Gifts For Sister In Law
- Surprise Your Lady Love with Romantic Ideas in NYC
So, get started with these amazing homemade recipes.