Mrs. Sharma belongs to that 14% of urban people who are suffering from chronic constipation in India. Due to her from chronic constipation, she has to strain excessively while passing a stool. Sometimes the stools are very hard to excrete! One morning while she was sitting on the toilet, she had terrible pain in the anal region along with streaks of blood in the toilet. She could also feel a visible tear in the area when she touched it. She immediately made a wise decision to visit the doctor. The doctor recommended the most advanced laser surgery to cure fissures which she described as absolute painless!
A simple definition of an anal fissure includes a tear or cut in the inner lining of the anus which causes terrible pain and bleeding. The main objective of the treatment is to get relief pain and discomfort and heal the tear. Here are some remedies that can help you cure fissures permanently!
We often don’t realize that self-care is one of the best methods to cure various anorectal diseases including anal fissures. These are some simple DIY hacks you can try to get relief from anal fissures-
- Consuming a fiber-rich meal so that during a bowel movement, you don’t have to strain much. Increase the amount of fiber you eat by eating more wheat bran, whole grains including brown rice, oatmeal, and wholegrain pasta, cereals, etc. Consume peas and beans, citrus fruits, etc.
- Try fiber supplements if you are unable to get enough fiber from food. This will help you avoid gas and cramping, this will help you keep the stool soft and ensure a regular bowel movement.
- Staying hydrated. Drinking lots of caffeine-free fluids helps in curing fissures. Caffeine causes dehydration in the body.
- Using stool softeners. This aids in having a smooth as well as a regular bowel movement.
- Taking warm baths for 15-20 minutes several times a day helps in relieving some of the anal pain
- Applying topical anesthetics like lidocaine also helps in relieving some of the pain
- Don’t irritate the skin by using such as scented soaps or bubble baths.
- Cleaning and drying the anal area after each bowel movement
Cure Anal Fissures Permanently with Laser Treatment
Anal fissures can lead to chronic anal fistulas or even anal stenosis if not treated properly the first time. Laser surgeries for fissure treatment have been proven to be more successful than conservative surgical methods. This method is painless and the risks of occurring again are reduced to minimal. Studies show that patients have reduced healing time with no scars. There are nil post-operative complications with minimal bleeding. These advanced laser-based surgeries are simple, safe and effective procedures to treat anal fissures.
- Prior to the surgery, doctors instruct not to eat or drink any food or fluids as an empty stomach lowers the risks of general anesthesia.
- Before the surgery begins, avoid the consumption of vitamins, natural supplements, analgesics that may contain aspirin as these tend to thin the blood which increases the risk of hemorrhage.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing for physical ease and relaxation. Doctors recommend especially silk clothes so that it is less irritable and allows them to slip out of bed easily. If a fissure patient is about to undergo surgery, it is suggested to keep over-the-counter medicines such as gels, lotions, or medicated creams handy.
These are absolutely painless because the whole procedure involves absolutely no cuts or incisions hence, there is no major bleeding. The whole procedure of fissures laser treatment is done under the influence of anesthesia therefore, you won’t be able to feel any pain or discomfort. In addition to this, the following benefits make laser procedures more favorable than other treatment options.
- Minimal pain- People are scared when they hear about surgery. But these procedures ensure that there is minimum pain during surgery. But you should visit the doctor if you feel any pain near the incisions of the wounds.
- Speedy recovery- You can recover within two days after surgery. You can resume your daily activity within a week or two after the surgery.
- Outpatient treatment- Laser surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis that involves small incisions. Doctors can discharge you on the same day surgery after keeping you under observation for a couple of hours. But sometimes doctors also recommend their patients to stay back overnight.
- No restriction on age- These laser-based surgeries can be performed in all age groups. But according to age and type of body, doctors may suggest otherwise.