JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in a few weeks and the aspiring students have been sloughing for a long time. They have been working out day and night studying concepts, grasping formulas and practicing test papers. The hard work is now about to be paid off. This is the last time to power through and channelize all your energy into focusing on excelling in the JEE Mains papers.
Before you get into your power mode, here are a few important points which candidates must know. Once you get through these power points it will ease all the aspiring candidates into the JEE Main 2019 mode.
Recommended For You:
- M. Tech or MBA: What’s best for Engineering Graduates?
- A Great Guide to Surviving the College Years!
- 5 Best Website for Getting Free American Universities Video Lecture
Here are some of the main points to remember before the JEE Main 2019:
- The National Testing Agency will conduct JEE Main 2019 exam in an online mode on January 9th (Paper I) and on April 8th (Paper II). The test will be a computer-based exam for which mock tests are available from 1st September 2018. The result for the JEE Main January 2019 exam will be declared on 31st January 2019.
- The NTA has taken over the JEE Main conducting examination duties from CBSE. The exam will now be conducted twice once in January and then in April.
- The aspiring candidates can appear for one or both the exams.
- All the candidates will get a unique question paper and if there are any malpractices, the students can be eliminated.
- The better score among both the scores will be considered for the ranking purposes for JoSAA counselling to the NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs.
- The age limit has been removed by the NTA. Students who have passed out their 12th grade in 2017, 2018 and will pass out in 2019 are also eligible to sit in the exam.
- The JEE Main mock tests have been available from 1st September 2018. Students with no computer access can go and practice the mock papers in the nearest test center.
- The application fees have been reduced across all the specifications this year.
- Aspiring candidates can appear twice for the entrance test in a year. So this is used in correlation with the original number of attempts, from 2019 onwards, JEE Main number of attempts in total will be six.
- The number of examination conducting cities has been raised to 264 and the abroad exam testing options have been reduced to 9.
- There has been an overall increase in the common service centers (CSC) to 1.5 lakhs where aspiring students can fill the JEE Mains application, pay the fees, upload the necessary documents and download their admit card all for a very nominal fee.
- For Paper II of JEE Mains, the candidate must secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination. Also, additionally they must score above 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry individually as recommended by the Council of Architecture (CoA) to the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- There are over 12 lakh applicants for this year’s JEE Mains examination.
- The number of seats offered is 17967 NITs, 4683 –GFTIs and 4023 –IIITs.
What Remain Constant in JEE Main 2019?
- The eligibility criteria are constant.
- There is no change whatsoever in the examination pattern or the syllabus for JEE Mains either.
Examinations Tips for January 2019:
The last leg of the preparation time is here. This is the time when you make the last throttle and put in everything. It will not be easy if you are one of those candidates who is preparing for your 12th exam as well. Time is of essence and balancing is key. But, concentrating on your JEE Mains is now more vital.
Here are a few tips:
- Check the syllabus of the JEE Main and match it with all the topics you have covered studying. In case of any miss, finish it as soon as possible.
- Solve as many question papers and mock tests as you can. Prepare yourself for the examination environment.
- Always scheme through the JEE Main question paper to understand the examination pattern well. It will help you to prepare for topics you need to brush up.
- Make a timetable for yourself based on the JEE Mains syllabus. It will be difficult to stick to it but remind yourself it is the last leg of your preparation.
All of these tips and suggestions along with a steadfast demeanour can help you crack JEE Mains 2019.