When you are deliberating between IQair vs Austin Air, there are a few things that you will need to consider before you purchase an air purifier. The air inside is always very polluted as compared to the air outside. Due to the fact that most of the time is spend indoors, exposure to poor air quality might put you at risk of several ailments.
With the use of an air purifier, it will be able to create healthier, cleaner air in your office or home to make you enjoy better air quality while indoors. Before you purchase it, you will need to answer the following questions:
- Why are you purchasing an air purifier?
- What size of the air purifier will be enough for you?
- What features are you looking for in an air purifier?
- Where should you place your air purifier?
- How much maintenance do you require to do to your air purifier?
Reason for purchasing the air purifier
To clean indoor air, air purifiers are the best way to do it. Indoor air is normally polluted and full of particles such as dust and pollen. The purifier helps in maintaining an environment that is healthy by removing mold spores, pet dander, ragweed, and several others. Check out on the various air purifiers and get one that will work best for you. There are models which are designed for a particular purpose:
- Allergies: In case of having allergies, you will need to choose an air purifier which is designed as allergy relief. Such air purifiers have several filters which include filters for HEPA that remove indoor allergens.
- Pets: Select air purifiers which are meant for pets; removing pets odors, danders, and hair
- Asthma: If you suffer from asthma or have symptoms that are triggered by chemical and odor pollutants, then you should consider purchasing an asthma air purifier or a chemical and odor air purifier. They are the type of air purifiers which contain any added chemical and odor purification as well as filters for HEPA for allergen particle removal.
- Chemical sensitives: If you are the type of person who is sensitive to chemicals, then you should consider going for an air purifier for various chemical sensitivities. They are models that contain even more chemicals and odor filtration and are often manufactured with materials that will not off-gas chemicals into the surrounding air and can aggravate your symptoms.
- Smoke: Air purifier for smoke is designed for specifically removing fireplace soot, smoke, and other types of fumes which could aggravate any respiratory problems you might have
The size of air purifier that you need
You need to choose the right size of the air purifier after considering the square footage of the room which you are going to purify. In case you have asthma or suffer from allergies and you are searching around for a purifier which should help you in managing the symptoms, then you need to consider going for a purifier air changing per hour rate.
The air change per hour refers to the number of times, which the air purifier will filter an entire volume of air in a span of an hour. Air purifiers that have the capacity to clean the air four times per hour should be considered the best for asthma and allergy sufferers. This rate also ensures that the air is thoroughly purified and filters out as many microscopic allergens in the air for easy breathing.
Features to check out in an air purifier
After choosing the size and type of air purifier that you need, you have to consider whether you should or should not consider certain features which include money-savers, real-time updates on the quality of your air, caster wheels, remote controls, filter change indicators, and multiple fan speeds.
- 10 Kitchen Floor Care Tips from Expert
- How to Make Your Bedroom Look Amazing
- 12 Amazing Easy Tips to Clean Your Bathroom
Where to place the purifier
In most instances, you should place your air purifier in the bedroom because that is the place where you spend most of your time while in the house. You need to remember that air purifiers that are portable are designed primarily to ensure that the air is purified in a single room. So if you want to purify various rooms, then you will need to invest in more air purifiers.
Alternatively, if you choose an air purifier that has caster wheels, handles and other features for portability might make it easier to move it from one room to the next. Nowadays, there are air purifiers that can purify the whole house, making them become popular. This ensures that you get clean air in all the rooms in your house. All you have to do is to connect it to the existing HVAC system so that your indoor is purified as you cool, heat, or ventilate your home.
The amount of maintenance that the air purifier will require
Purchase one that will not cost you a lot of money in order to keep it working.