If you have a beautiful open patio, deck, or a garden at home, you know how relaxing it feels to enjoy the great weather in the open premises of your property. However, how can you enjoy your beautiful outdoor deck during bad weather, or maybe when it is just a little too warm and sunny outside? Well, installing outdoor awnings might be just the solution to your problems.
What Are The Different Types Of Awnings That You Can Install?
- Window awning: This types of awnings is much smaller and covers only the top of your windows. Awnings are available in different materials and patterns according to your needs. They ensure that your windows are protected from the excess heat of sunlight and warmth while reducing the internal temperature of your home. Thus, reducing your electricity bills drastically.
- Door awning: Much like the window awning, door awnings are smaller, and placed over your main doors to protect your door from adverse weather conditions. Typically, these awnings are non-retractable.
- Patio awning: A patio awning is a perfect element to add to your beautiful outdoor patios. They serve the purpose of protecting your patio and those relaxing at the patio from the rain, sunlight, excessive heat, and warmth, and can even keep your patio in the shade, giving you a relaxing outdoor to experience right at the comfort of your own home.
- Freestanding awning: A freestanding awning can be transported to any part of your home as and when you wish. It provides you with the cover and protection that you need while giving you the luxury of portability of the awning to any place where you need it.
You May Also Like to Read
- How to Find the Best RTA Cabinets for Your Kitchen
- Everything You Should Know In Interior Designing Of Dining Room
- Outdoor Power Tools – Electric Pressure Washer
The Different Materials For An Awning That You Can Opt For
- Metal and aluminum awning
- Canvas awning
- Polyester awning
- Acrylic coated polyester awning
Awning According To Their Operational Types
- Remote control awning- This type of awning can be operated with the help of a remote control. You can retract the awning as per your requirements simply with the push of a button.
- Manual control awning- This awning has to be manually operated. You can retract or pull down the awning manually as and when required.
- Sensor controlled awning- This type of awning comes with the smart controlled system; it automatically pulls itself down or retracts according to the weather changes. If there is rainfall, or if the weather is too windy, or even if there is too much sunlight, the awning will automatically pull itself down to protect your property.
- Motorised awning- This type of awning control is the most popular of them all. The awning can be pulled down or retracted with the help of a button on your wall, or can also be operated with a remote control.
Some Benefits Of Installing An Awning
- Adding an awning to your outdoor area, be it a deck, a patio, or even your gardens, can add an additional space to your home. You can entertain guests, host parties, or even just relax with your family in this space. Because of the addition of the awning, you can be protected from the weather and enjoy a shaded, relaxed area.
- An awning can add to a real estate value of your property. Houses, which have awnings installed have a better resale value and market value than those, which don’t.
- An awning also adds an aesthetic sense to your home. They are available in different materials, shapes, colors, and patterns. You can choose the one, which complements the unique personality of your home and add more beauty to your homes.
Installing an awning can have a ton of benefits to your home. You can even customize and install an awning, especially for your own home requirements.