What is bone marrow transplant? It does appear to be a special type of therapy for patients who are suffering from cancer or treatment of the incurable. Bone marrow transplant also goes by the name of stem cell transplant which means that cells present in the bone marrow are taken. A process of filtration takes place and then it is handed back to the donor.
Bone Marrow Transplant
The objective of this treatment would be transferred to healthy bone marrow cells to a patient whose unhealthy bone marrow has been prone to damage or destroyed. Bone marrow transplant cost in India works out to be the lowest among all the countries of the world. The following type of bone marrow transplants is treated generally by the bone marrow transplant.
- Multiple Myeloma
- Blood cancer
- Some solid type of tumors.
You might require bone marrow transplant when chemotherapy or radiation has gone on to diffuse the bone marrow cells. Always opt for the best bone marrow transplant in India because of the following reasons.
- It is suggested that you need to replace a bone marrow with a genetically incorporated bone marrow. This does prevent the genetic disease from progressing further.
The Various Types of Bone Marrow Transplants
There are various types of bone marrow transplants and this would be dependent on the type of donors which includes.
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplant- here in this type of transplant you might need to have a generic donor that is similar to a patient. By the method of bone marrow harvest you take out the bone marrow cells and this has to be genetically matched with the donor. This could be a brother or sister of the patient. There are some other types of donors that include
- Bone marrow transplants in an unrelated- if the donor appears to be an unrelated one, then matched cells of the bone marrow are provided. Mostly the bone marrow registries have these types of donors on their list.
- A patient- if the genetic match stands on the same line with a parent or a recipient, then it goes by the name of the haploid-identical match.
- Umbilical cord blood transplant- Once the delivery takes place you tend to take off the stem cells from the umbilical cord. They then go on to produce mature blood cells that are a lot effective in comparison to the stem cells that are taken from the bone marrow of an adult or a child.
- Autologous bone marrow transplant- the best BMT doctors in India recommend this form of surgery. In this case, the patient himself appears to be the donor. Then the stem cells are taken from the patient by the process of bone marrow harvest. Once the cells are frozen they are given back to the patient. This process goes by the name of rescue.
Recommended For You:
- How to Get Rid of Tinnitus – Your Answers to Living with Tinnitus Here
- Why Scoliosis Awareness is Important to Everyone
- 9 Health Benefits of Cloves You Should Know
The Main Reasons why People Need Stem Cell Transplants?
It has to be said that a bone marrow transplant is required for some reasons. In case of a normal bone marrow transplant, it is undertaken in the following cases.
- If an individual is suffering from genetic disease and this affects the other organs of the body.
- In the case of patients whose bone marrow has been damaged by radiation therapy or for the matter chemotherapy in order to cure cancer.
- Patients in whose case bone marrow appears to be defective or abnormal.
- Patients who find themselves in good health in spite of the given condition.
The Procedure of Bone Marrow Transplant
The focal point of a bone marrow transplant does depend upon the ability of a patient to withstand a certain degree of pain in case of some medications. The disease or the type of transplant does have an important say in this regard. Generall,y the procedure would involve the following.
- As part of the preparation of the bone marrow transplant, you might be given chemotherapy or high doses of radiation. In order to cure a specific disease this might be required and for new cells to develop there has to be more than enough space in the bone marrow. This therapy goes by the name of ablative as the impact it creates on the bone marrow. A vast chunk of cells in our body are produced by the bone marrow. This becomes empty when the ablative stops cell production. For the new cells to grow you require an empty bone marrow as they can establish as part of the new blood production system.
- The transplantation of the bone marrow takes place from the venous catheter (central) once you are provided with radiation or chemotherapy. You cannot term it as a surgical process. The stem cells will soon start to develop into healthy blood cells by incorporating themselves into the bone marrow.
- In order to prevent any major complications, a post-operative mechanism is put in place. This might include side effects along with infections. As part of the care process, you are given a clean environment with monitoring of vital signs.
- The non functioning bone marrow is being replaced with a healthy bone marrow. This would be undertake in the specific type of conditions.
- You have to replace the old bone marrow with a normal functioning once you have given high doses of radiation along with chemotherapy. In medical terms, this procedure goes by the name of rescue in lymphoma.
- Developing a new type of immune system that helps to ward off cancers that are not destroyed by radiation or chemotherapy. This once again would boil down to the radiation or chemotherapy that are used during the course of.
In the domain of medical tourism, India is considered to be one of the popular choices. It has to be said that in technological advancements countries like Singapore have gone on to formulate a unique name of its own. But where India scores is in term of human capital. The country has some of the best medical staff in the business. They do assure you with the best form of treatment.